Medium Voltage (MV) Motor Control Solution will form part of our product portfolio.
Friday, June 1st, 2012
Fairford Electronics is delighted to announce that in the very near future a Medium Voltage (MV) Motor Control Solution will form part of our product portfolio.
This MV Motor Control solution is designed for motors ranging from 2.3 kV up to 13.8 kV, and they are available for motor sizes up to 600 amps. The MV motor control solution will work with any medium voltage application that runs at a fixed speed and has been extensively used globally from the Marine industry to Oil and Gas to companies such as NASA and US Government and buildings including the Pentagon.
Our Technical Engineering team visited the manufacturer last week where they undertook a week’s training in the MV Motor Control solution. Using our experience of Fairford on Low Voltage Motor Control solutions means that our technical team can now give unrivalled support on;
• Specification of the motor control solution;
• Supply of a complete solution including motor controller;
• Safety switches;
• Motor overload plus any additional requirements that the client may need;
In addition to this pre sales support our engineers can commission the MV solution and provide full after sales support in the unlikely event that this is required.
“The training given to us by our partner has given us all the tools needed to offer our customers the high level of support that they have come to expect.”
Steve Atkey – Technical Sales Engineer.
The Motor Control Solution is designed to start Medium Voltage AC motors in any fixed speed application. It provides maximum protection with “True Thermal Modelling,” while allowing smooth, steeples control of acceleration and deceleration. The product provides superior power control and protection for your most important assets.
• Advanced motor protection relay and ramp features programmable via the keypad or a laptop computer.
• Fibre optically isolated low voltage compartment with up to 110kV BIL rating for safety and reliability.
• Load-break / fault-make rated disconnect switch with door safety interlocking.
• Fully rated bypass contactor for increased thermal capacity and optional across-the-line starting.
• RTD Option accepts up to 12 RTD inputs.
• Zero sequence ground fault protection option.
• NEMA 12 gasketed enclosure (NEMA 3R optional).
If you have an MV Motor that needs a Motor Control solution, contact Steve Atkey or David Taper at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be happy to help.